The Brewers Association of Maryland has elected a new Board of Directors and Officers. “The membership has elected a diverse board that represents the state of Maryland brewing,” said Kevin Atticks, executive director of the Brewers Association of Maryland.
The Board represents brewers of different classes and business models, regions and experience.
The newly elected officers and members of the Board include:
- President: Cindy Mullikin, Mully’s Brewery – Prince Frederick, Calvert Co.
- Vice-President: Tom Knorr, Evolution Craft Brewing – Salisbury, Wicomico Co.
- Treasurer: Phil Bowers, Brewer’s Alley – Frederick, Frederick Co.
- Secretary: Brett Snyder, Waredaca Brewing – Laytonsville, Montgomery Co.
- At-Large: Hugh Sisson, Heavy Seas – Halethorpe, Baltimore Co.
- At-Large: Adam Benesch, Union Craft Brewing – Baltimore City
- At-Large: Julie Verratti, Denizens Brewing – Silver Spring, Montgomery Co.
At its December meeting, the membership honored outgoing president Ben Savage of Flying Dog for his years as president, leading BAM on a positive, new course. The group also honored long-time board members Phil Bowers of Brewers Alley, Stephen Demzcuk of RavenBeer and Hugh Sisson of Heavy Seas. Their leadership created the foundation on which the Brewers Association of Maryland is built today.