October 28, 2019 at 1:27 pm #5998Tom FloresParticipant
Help Wanted: Cellar Manager and Inventory Specialist
Please respond directly to Tom Flores, Brewmaster, Brewer’s Alley Restaurant and Brewery / Monocacy Brewing Company via e-mail.
CELLAR MANAGER AND INVENTORY SPECIALIST, BREWER’S ALLEY AND MONOCACY BREWING, FULL-TIME
Qualifications: A long-term commitment to a career in brewing beer, as demonstrated by 2-5 years practical experience in a brewery or formal training in malting and brewing science and technology. A combination of experience and training is preferred.
Who we are: Brewer’s Alley Restaurant and Brewery opened in the summer of 1996 and has prospered for 20+ years as the original brewpub in Frederick County, Maryland. Several years ago, we expanded our operations to include a sister brewery off-site where we operate Monocacy Brewing Company. Brewer’s Alley is now home to a 3BBL brewhouse, while Monocacy Brewing operates a 20BBL brewhouse. Our brewing team operates in a respectful, deliberate, and methodical manner as we craft works of art for beer drinkers who appreciate refined and interesting flavor in their beer.
Where we are: Historic Frederick, Maryland, in the heart of beautiful central Maryland, close to the Potomac and Monocacy Rivers, Chesapeake & Ohio Canal, major Civil War battlefield sites, and only an hour’s drive from both Baltimore, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. With plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, and scenic rides, Frederick County, Maryland, is a great place to live and is home to a rich history and agricultural heritage.
What we offer: Competitive salary based on experience, along with paid vacation and health care benefits.
- General plant cleanliness
- Full awareness and proper management of the following hazards: trip, slip, fall, cut, crush, strain, pressure, electrical, explosion, heat, confined space, chemical, and material
- Attendance at festivals, beer tastings, and other promotional or special events, as needed
- Forklift operation (training provided, if necessary)
- Equipment maintenance and brewery mechanical requirements
- Thorough completion of records
- Sensory panel participation
- Brewery-wide project involvement (SOP development, plant and operation refinement, production meeting attendance, etc.)
- Monitor inventories of malts, hops, CO2, N2, compressed air and O2, cleaning chemicals, packaging materials, and general supplies
- Place orders for inventory items as needed
- Monitor inventory of packaged beer
- Yeast management and harvesting, in concert with brewhouse staff
- Data collection during fermentations (gravity, pH, temperature, time, observations)
- Attend to fermentations (i.e. changing temperature setpoints, cleaning out cones, capping, fermentor additions-dry hopping, spices, finings-and monitoring pressures)
- Cellar transfers and filtration
- Filter setup, breakdown, cleaning, and sanitation
- Spent filter media disposal
- Tank cleaning, sanitation, and CO2 purging in preparation for beer transfers
- Cold space cleaning and general cellar cleanliness
- Achieve proper beer carbonation levels for packaging
- Barrel operations: procurement, treating, filling, de-barreling/extraction
Packaging and Finished Beer
- Keg and cask cleaning/sanitation
- Keg and cask filling operations
- Assist with bottle filling operations
- Manage cooperage inventory
- Manage inventory of finished beer in cold storage
- Prepare orders for shipment
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.