February 5, 2021 at 9:05 am #7474Union CraftParticipant
Job Title: UNION Hall Manager
About UNION Hall:
Our on-site tap room at the brewery, UNION Hall, is one of our most important assets. It is our first point of direct, face-to-face contact with our customers. For many, it is their first impression of our company and our brands. UNION Hall is designed to be a multi-functional space that can adapt from brewery tap room to seated event space to concert venue. Its main function, however, is to showcase our diverse collection of beers and to communicate our passion for beer. It is our goal to have every customer leave with a deeper understanding of and appreciation for beer than when they came in.
UNION Hall Manager will be responsible for ensuring all UNION guests have the highest quality experience during their visits. The UNION Hall Manager will direct and oversee the daily operations of UNION Hall. Compliance with regulations and procedures related to safety, health standards, and UNION Craft Brewing policies is critical. They will orient, train, and provide leadership and direction to the UNION Hall Team to accomplish UNION Craft Brewing goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
• Provide direct supervision to the UNION Hall Team. Establish, and maintain, an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish UNION Craft Brewing goals and objectives; train, supervise, provide continuing education, and evaluate staff. Motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance. Reward and discipline employees by addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Monitor and enforce performance standards to ensure high-levels of service, quality, and customer satisfaction. Interact with customers and vendors to develop and maintain a favorable public image.
• Collaborate across brewery departments to facilitate ongoing sensory, beer, and service education for all UNION Hall employees.
• Plan and coordinate business activities with Marketing Manager / Creative / Events Manager.
• Ensure that UNION Hall, Duckpin Room, Beer Garden, Staff Kitchen, bar, counters, sinks, utensils, coolers, shelving, and storage areas are clean and comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards at all times. Make recommendations for maintenance, repair, and upkeep of its equipment.
• Keep records of orders, inventory, availability, retail keg orders, and events.
• Work with Beertenders & Events Manager in preparing for UNION Hall & Duckpin Room special events including live music, large parties, private parties, etc.
• Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests.
Inventory Management and Cost Control:
• Monitor and maintain inventory for daily operations. Enforce operation standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
• Estimate daily and weekly inventory requirements. Submit orders of all beverages and non-food items, such as paper products, cleaning products, menus, pens, merchandise, etc., ensuring all deliveries are checked in correctly and all packing slips/invoices are correct and properly submitted.
• Minimize waste by ensuring all sales go through the POS system properly and the Draft & Cask Systems are operating optimally at all times.
Productivity and Improvement:
• Keep current on policies and procedures and current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe beer/food handling, health standards etc.
Education and Experience:
• High School Degree or GED required
• At least 2 years related supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and
• 2 years prior experience in the beer, spirits, or beverage industry.
• Advanced knowledge of beer offerings (flavors, ingredients, etc.) in order to answer
questions from customers, as well as conduct tastings, and tours.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights, and weekends.
• Must have own vehicle, valid Driver’s License, current insurance coverage, and clean driving record.
• Current TIPS or Alcohol Awareness Training or willingness to obtain certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to supervise, coach, and train UNION Hall team, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Strong communication and administration skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
• Must possess superior organizational skills.
• Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Strong customer relations skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment, and have leadership and planning skills.
• Analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Equipment, Machines, and Software Used:
• This position requires the regular use of a computer, printer, copier, telephone, scanner, calculator, iPad and iPad based POS system and related apps, smartphone, and related software. The position also requires an excellent working knowledge of draft systems.
• Computer Software: Microsoft Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel or equivalent.
• Maintain the basic AV & Network Server
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl or bend, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
• Ability to occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force, and/or up-to 20 pounds of force
frequently, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
• Moderate mental and visual attention required for performing manual work, machine operations, set-ups, inspections, and adjustments that require frequent decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, the potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and unpleasant tasks such as handling garbage.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
• The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
EMAIL RESUME TO: HR@UNIONCRAFTBREWING.COM TO APPLY!
- The topic ‘Hiring: UNION Hall Manager’ is closed to new replies.