December 4, 2019 at 11:13 pm #6123Brendan O’LearyParticipant
True Respite Brewing Company (Rockville, MD) is seeking a Part Time Assistant Brewer (16-24 hrs/wk.)
Professional experience in brewing and/or cellaring is strongly preferred. Respect for, adherence to, and enforcement of safety protocols is a must.
The primary responsibility for this role is wort production and brewhouse cleaning. We have two brewhouses: a 15 BBL, 3-vessel steam heated American Beer Equipment production system and a 3.5 BBL Blichmann Pro Series electric pilot system. This position will brew most frequently on the production system but may also brew occasionally on the pilot system. Additional duties around the brewery, including cleaning kegs, cellar work, and packaging duties will be tasked as needed.
Shifts will routinely begin at 5:00 am. The weekly schedule will initially center around brewing approximately two days per week and may include an additional day per week assisting on the canning line or in other areas of the brewery. Opportunity for expansion of hours (up to full time) may become available as we continue to grow our production. This brewer will be first in line for consideration of a full time role should it become available.
Summary of Basic Duties and Responsibilities
• Adhere to all safety procedures
• Maintain a clean and safe work space
• Practice diligence in record keeping and documentation
• Track batch data with QC/QA analytics
• Brew, cellar, and transfer beer according to SOPÂ’s and schedule
• CIP processes
• Perform basic laboratory work
• Work as a cohesive and efficient team player
• Prefer at least 1 year professional brewing experience
• Proficiency in time management & record keeping
• Lift 55 lbs. from the ground to shoulder up to 25x per brew
• Climb curbs, stairs, ramps & ladders
• Work in small and confined spaces
• Be able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time
Interested applicants that meet the above requirements should send a resume, cover letter and references to Co-Founder/Brewer Kenny Allen (email@example.com)
- This topic was modified 4 years ago by Brendan O'Leary.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.