Today is the first day of the 2021 Build Your Own Maryland Craft Beer Festival!
While there is no substitute for tasting delicious beer with thousands of your closest friends in beer, this year’s celebration still gives us an opportunity to support our state’s breweries!
Visit that taproom or farm brewery that’s been on your “to-do” list for a while. Swing through your favorite local retailer and buy a few new can drops from Maryland breweries. Order beer for delivery or curbside pickup from the brewery around the corner. Start a Maryland beer journey and celebrate this great industry throughout the week.
Here are just a few highlights to consider checking out this weekend:
- 7 Locks Brewing | Rockville, MD – Deena’s Defiance NEIPA Release, learn more about this beer on our Fermented Friday chat from May 7, 2021.
- Antietam Brewery | Hagerstown, MD – 5K and Beer Mile
- Astro Lab Brewing | Silver Spring, MD – Ventura Blvd release and can drop
- Battery Island Brewing Company | Havre De Grace, MD – Celebrating their first week open to the public!
- B.C. Brewery | Hunt Valley, MD – Buy 3 or more 4-packs at the brewery and receive a B.C. Brewery sticker & koozie all week!
- Black Flag Brewing Company | Columbia, MD – Double can drop: ULTIMA, a Citra/Mosaic/Nelson Sauvin hopped Hazy IPA & THE DUTCHMAN’S GAMBIT, a Four Roses barrel aged version of our Stroopwafel Kviek yeast Imperial Caramel Stout.
- Brewery Fire | Taneytown, MD – New release: The Danalorean
- Calvert Brewing Co. | Upper Marlboro, MD – Hipster Manbun Double IPA release
- Crooked Crab Brewing | Odenton, MD – Double can drop! Cryptid Shapeshifter Milkshake IPA & Aww Shucks Oyster Stout available.
- Forward Brewing | Eastport, MD – E. Nygma Double IPA release
- Full Tilt Brewing | Baltimore, MD – Snow Cat Dry Hopped Pilsner benefitting BARCS
- Heavy Seas Beer | Baltimore, MD – The Heavy Seas Beer taproom is re-opened this weekend!
- Manor Hill Brewing | Ellicott City, MD – Double can release, INFINE is a very crisp, effervescent, and refreshing Italian Pilsner & THROUGH THE BARN DOOR is a Belgian-style hazy IPA with notes of passionfruit, gooseberry, ripe citrus and grapefruit
- Saints Row Brewing | Rockville, MD – The Return of Space Cowboy American IPA release
Check out your favorite brewery’s social media for updates about new releases, events, and specials that they are offering to celebrate the 2021 Build Your Own Maryland Craft Beer Festival!
Use the Maryland Beer Map, located here, and plan your #MDBeer celebration.
Buil Your Own Maryland Craft Beer Festival Posters
Three local artists have teamed up with BAM to produce some great posters commemorating this year’s week-long festivities. If you like great-looking brewing memorabilia, be sure to add these fun and bright posters to your collection by visiting our online shop. At only $25 each, these posters are excellent collectibles or gifts for all fans of Maryland beer.
Melissa Campbell of Crafted Crane Design, Goodloe Byron, and Eddie Grove of Edman Design each contributed stunning artwork for this project. For more information about each of these talented artists, please visit their websites and online shops.
These posters include a listing of BAM’s current membership and all proceeds from the sale of these posters directly benefit BAM and our mission to grow, promote and protect the Maryland craft beer industry. Each poster will be printed on museum-quality matte paper and shipped to order.
Poster orders will be entered into a random drawing for a BAM Merch Pack and high-tier passes to upcoming Brewers Association of Maryland events. Order yours today!