March 24, 2021 at 12:37 pm #7552Brookeville Beer FarmParticipant
Brookeville Beer Farm and Baylife Brewing are looking to add a brewer to our team! We are seeking an outgoing lead brewer who is passionate about great beer and sound brewing practices. Established in 2016 in the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we have been blending brewing and farming into exceptional beers for 5 years.
We are seeking someone to fulfill the following duties at both facilities:
- Wort production and day-to-day brewhouse operations
- Transfer of finished beer
- Assist and operate the canning line
- Keg cleaning/filling
- QA/QC testing for CO2 levels and DO levels at the time of transfer and packaging
- Raw materials handling and processing (we frequently do freshly fruited beers)
- Yeast and fermentation management (brinking, pitching, cone-to-cone transfers)
- Maintain all equipment to a like new condition
- Software savvy with Ekos Brewmaster, Google Drive, etc.
- Attending on and offsite events and be able to talk about the beer in a technical and non-technical manner
- Detailed note taking of wort production, fermentation statuses, cellaring quality, package stability
- Sound understanding of cleaning/sanitizing procedures throughout both facilities
We request all applicants have the following established:
- 2-3 years of active experience with wort production and cellaring/packaging operations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR completed a certified brewing program
- Outgoing and optimistic attitude while multitasking
- Capable of changing tasks quickly for business needs
- Great communication skills and cooperation in a team environment
- Punctual and dedicated to making great beer from grain to glass
- Takes initiative in completing tasks autonomously that are essential to brewery operations
- Ability to work flexible hours, some weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of brewing equipment and maintenance of centrifugal pumps, boilers, burners, glycol systems are a plus
- Understanding of passivation of stainless steel and proper procedures
- Ability to drive a forklift and large machinery is a plus
- Standing for hours during packaging runs
- Able to bend over to move and lift 165 lbs at a time
- Ability to climb in and out of tanks for inspection
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and stairs
- Can squat, kneel, fit into tight spaces
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and wet conditions
- Not afraid to get hands dirty
We are seeking candidates who are dedicated to the production of award winning, high quality craft beer with a genuine passion for the joys of being a brewer. Salary is negotiable with a base starting at $50K, depending on experience, certified knowledge, and skill level. Moving expenses are negotiable.
Please forward all applications and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.