February 27, 2017 at 10:03 am #1485Jim BauckmanModerator
The following email went out to all Brewers Association Members from Bradley Latham of the Brewers Association who asked us to pass along to BAM members. This is a wonderful opportunity to represent Maryland beer so we highly encourage your participation!
Hello Brewers Association member,
This is your last chance to pour beer at the 2017 CBC Conference Welcome Reception at the historic Smithsonian National Museum of American History and the National Museum of Natural History on Monday, April 10. Below is information about participating in the event. If your brewery is interested in pouring beer at the event, please register by Friday, February 24. THIS DEADLINE HAS PASSED SO PLEASE CONTACT BRADLEY ASAP.
· What: 2017 CBC Welcome Reception
· Where: Smithsonian National Museum of American History & National Museum of Natural History – This is a new approach for us and the only way to accommodate all of the CBC attendees. The two museums are next to each other so attendees will be able to go between each museum and breweries will be spread throughout both museums.
· When: Monday, April 10 – 7:30 – 10:00 pm.
· Who: BA member breweries in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland are eligible to participate. Attendees of the event are members of the professional brewing community who are attending the CBC.
· Beer: Exact quantities of donated beer will be determined depending on the total number of breweries that sign up, but for the 2016 event, breweries were asked to send up to 3 brands and 8 – 10 cases or 1 – ½ barrel per brand.
o Breweries should use bottles or cans if possible.
o Breweries using kegs should provide their own jockey box and CO2 for serving the beer.
o Beer will be delivered to the CBC host distributor, Premium Distributors, prior to the event.
· At the Festival: Participating breweries will have a table to pour their beers. We ask that all breweries have a representative at their table at all times during the event to talk to attendees about the beer and your brewery.
o Breweries will receive 2 passes to attend the Welcome Reception.
We’re excited to be hosting the CBC in Washington DC this April and hope you will be part of the kickoff event in two of the nation’s greatest museums. Sign up now to participate in the CBC Welcome Reception and showcase your beers to attendees from around the world. Remember to register by February 24 to participate in the event. Further details will be sent to registered breweries after the registration window closes, but please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.
Senior Event Manager
- This topic was modified 4 years ago by Jim Bauckman.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.